Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Juggler

There's a song by Ellen Tipper a Maine artist called "The Juggler" about how many balls she has up in the air at one time and the inevitable crashing that occurs for getting involved in too many things. I feel like I qualify for that right now. The papers are beginning to pile up that I've assigned. The three novels I'm teaching now are getting perilously blurred in my mind. Character names plus 93 new student names are all trying to find the right section of my brain to settle in. Emails are already requesting missing work for students due to medical emergencies, vacations and academic worries. Lots of online discussion forums have been posted by my classes that I still need to read. I have huge faith they are all being "appropriate."After school, because of renovation  construction people come in and out of my classroom measuring for radiator grates, taking pictures of stained ceiling tiles and checking on wiring.

Continuing on the construction theme, we drove 75 minutes this weekend to look at stone counter tops, chose one and drove home where I promptly began thinking we chose the wrong one. Which I am famous for. I also think I chose the wrong pair of new glasses last Friday, but they are on order like the granite so I can't say for sure! I have not been to a yoga class all month, but when I finally go that is where I will realize the balls I am juggling are somewhat  under my control, are made of soft material which rolls not breaks and I am in a world of fellow jugglers. We just need to make sure not to bump into each other.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how I feel the same way! I am going to have to listen to that song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm feeling it, too! I think you're right....we are in a world full of jugglers- it's sometimes hard to realize it when we're in the middle, but the kids, parents, and everyone else...we're all juggling different things- but eventually, we can put down some of the things we're juggling (most likely just to pick up something else.)

    ReplyDelete