Sunday, June 23, 2013

Suit shopping at Macys

Thank goodness for old-fashioned department stores. Every 5 years or so we find ourselves in the men’s suit department at Macy’s looking for appropriate attire for a wedding or graduation.

Last night with really bad music (Donna Summer style) blaring in the dressing room, Ron stood on the raised platform in front of the angled mirrors dancing in various pants and vests. At least he took off his red Nikes and put on the black shoes he brought in his backpack.

Thankfully there was a helpful salesman for our innumerable questions around fitting, sizes and such. This is foreign territory for us, though I did find the only size 32 pants on the mannequin. He didn't look quite the same after!




Ron kept his good humor through the 32-inch pants, which will need to be taken in an inch and the lime green shirt, which was definitely not going to be the right color choice for his outfit.  But he got a little ornery when the small white shirt wouldn’t button around his medium neck!

I consulted with the salesman- yes indeed the top shirt button must close for the bowtie Eileen would be sending him to wear.  Feeling empowered since for once I wasn’t the frustrated shopper in the fitting room, I explained you have to buy the size for the biggest part of you- all women know that.

I ordered him to give me the grey pants, vest and size medium white shirt so that I could go pay for them. The salesman and I laughed over that, he added a 25% off coupon to the already discounted price and we were done. Ready for another wedding thanks to Macy’s department store.

1 comment:

  1. Love the pant-less mannequin. How risque! I am sure that Ron looks great in them.

    ReplyDelete