Monday, June 3, 2013

the secret's out- Rhubarb torte recipe

Here's a photo for our Canadian Arctic classmate who isn't seeing blooms yet:)



So in the spring this is an awesome dessert. It's from my mom's mom in Wisconsin and I believe it's Swedish. Rich but tart too.
My printed out copy is probably 30 years old. I can barely read it, and people have been asking for the recipe, so now's a good time to type it up. Find some rhubarb and get cooking!

Mom's Rhubarb torte

crust:
2 cups flour
2 tsp. sugar
1/2 lb. butter
1 egg yolk

mix and put in a 9x9 glass pan
press lightly with fork or fingertips


4 c raw rhubarb cut
1 1/2 c sugar
3-4 tsp. tapioca
2 egg yolks beaten
2 tsp. grated orange rind


mix together, spoon fruit onto crust,
dot with butter (or not)


bake at 350 degrees for one hour

2 comments:

  1. Ah Kate! I love that picture! Look at all the green! It snowed today here! You're so lucky! Thanks for the pic! Brightened my day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! I am so glad to now have this recipe. This thing is DELICIOUS.

    ReplyDelete